Wednesday, April 13, 2011

prodigal

i asked for my whole plate of food
i was still full
so it meant nothing
absolutely nothing
i threw it out the car window
as i sped off
i didnt know later
id be hungry
screaming mad hungry
my sunken eyes scanning the walls
waiting clicking stomping
for time to pass
staring at my feet
recounting scars and blemishes
on each arm and leg
each rib bone protruding
from my thin skin
just waiting for a meal
the next meal
the next rush
the next high
to fill me
to fill ME
to fiLL ME
TO FILL ME
as if it was only about me

well guess what GOD
i AM hungry now for what YOU have
i am
i have nothing
i have tried to eat so many things
none of them were good for me
i tried to eat approval
i tried to eat good looks
i tried to eat dating
i tried to eat relationships
i tried to eat money
i tried to eat work
i tried to eat my emotions my highs
i tried to eat my weight
i tried to eat music
i tried to eat old dreams
I TRIED TO INGEST that SIN
but I AM STILL HUNGRY
SO very HUNGRY
I DONT WANT TO KEEP EATING
EATING
EATING MY SIN
that food eats at ME
my insides are more hollow
more empty than ever before

but NOT anymore LORD
im quitting that stuff
in faith i say
that the crumbs from your plate
are enough
father
even your servants
have food and a place to sleep at night
anything is better than this pigsty
i have landed in

i wanna come home dad




1 comment:

Baylee Alexandra Marie said...

Livi this is absolutely amazing and I love it. So good. SO good. And so true. mmm mmm mmm Jesus is so good my little sprite.